Home

Feed icon

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Portman feels 'like an old hag'


Oscar favourite Natalie Portman feels like an "old hag," because she's been working as an actress for almost 20 years.
The Black Swan star kickstarted her career as a child model, before working on Broadway and landing her first film role in controversial 1994 movie Leon when she was just 12 years old.
After working tirelessly for the last two decades, Portman has been lauded for her role as a deranged dancer in the ballet thriller, winning several honours and becoming favourite to walk away with the Best Actress Academy Award later this month (Feb11).
But Portman admits she's struggling to cope with all the sudden acclaim because she's been around for so long.
She tells the Los Angeles Times, "I made my first movie when I was 11. I'm an old hag. I guess it's pretty common with actors, to be doing this for 18 years, but it's extreme.
"I feel like I'm on another planet or something right now. It's not quite sinking in. I feel really lucky. It's something that's completely wonderful, and I have a very definite goal I'm working toward with that."

0 comments:

Post a Comment